starting fresh

21 Feb

I’m finally sitting down to blog, boy have I been busy!
This little munch keeps me on my toes, especially with her 45 minute naps! During that time I try to cram in a shower and some food, so hopefully you understand why the blog has been so quiet.

For the last month I’ve been slowly changing up things in the living room. I got really sick of the yellow and sold the ottoman and bought the CB2 Peekaboo acrylic coffee table. Once it arrived I was very underwhelmed, I just wasn’t feeling it for the space and I couldn’t help but picture little Zoe bonking into it in the future.

Anyway get ready for picture overload.

IMG 0137

obsessed with my new pillows, the striped is from etsy and the coral fretwork and navy deco are from Caitlin Wilson Textiles

IMG 0147

You might also notice I painted the sunburst mirror gold. Doesn’t it look so much better!? Everything looks better in gold (words I live by).

IMG 0009

IMG 0041

IMG 0115

I need to have more fresh flowers in my life.

IMG 0003

I had been lusting over this brass tray for a very long time, I don’t know why I waited so long to get it because I think its absolutely stunning.

IMG 0129

IMG_0113.JPG

IMG 0036

I decided to go with a more neutral ottoman this time around, it gives me more room to play with colors.

IMG 0188

IMG 0054

IMG 0127

IMG 9999

Ummm $10.00 ikea pillow. Yes please!

IMG 0024

IMG 0157

While at ikea I picked up some Ritva drapes, I love these drapes! Not only are they a great price but I love how the light shines through so beautifully.

IMG 0179

I added grosgrain ribbon, such an easy DIY and so chic.

IMG 0175

IMG 0023

IMG_0118.JPG

can’t forget to give credit to my little stylist for being so patient while mama snapped away.

IMG 0073

PS
my house is never this neat and tidy with ZERO baby toys. I had just gotten the rug and sofa cleaned so it was the perfect opportunity to take some lovely photos for you all. Just thought I’d let you know ; )

36 Responses to “starting fresh”

1. Erin Franco February 21, 2013 at 8:06 AM #

Love love love! Love the new ottoman, love the new pillows, love the new drapes! I’m so glad you stuck with the tufted ottoman, the new one is gorgeous! Zoe will be climbing all over in no time! Don’t want boo-boos for the little one.

2. microrrelatososhortstories February 21, 2013 at 8:11 AM #

Beautiful both baby and room! A very special and commendable effort having a baby to tend to at the same time…congrats, Alexandra

3. Kate McG February 21, 2013 at 11:42 AM #

It looks great! I am not typically a gold/brass gal, but I am swooning over the mirror and tray. Lovely! Thank you for letting the rest of us frazzled Mamas know that your space doesn’t always look that immaculate; I was feeling very inadequate w/ my headless mini princess dolls currently splayed out under the sofa in my LR!!🙂

• Lizzie Stewart February 22, 2013 at 10:57 AM #

LOL Thank you!! I feel ya, I now have about 50 toys sprawled out, a massive exersaucer, swing and play mat taking over the space.

4. Christie February 21, 2013 at 1:15 PM #

Looks great! Where is the ottoman from??

5. emily February 21, 2013 at 6:05 PM #

That space is so lovely! The drapes and ottoman are beautiful! And that brass tray is so pretty. I just received the same CB2 table yesterday and had the same reaction. Total bummer because I’ve been lusting after it for months!

I have the same sunburst mirror and was wanting to paint it gold as well. How did you paint it?

• Lizzie Stewart February 22, 2013 at 10:55 AM #

Thank you so much! I spray painted the mirror with Rust-Oleum’s Gold Metallic (my fave!)

6. Teresa February 21, 2013 at 9:47 PM #

Love the space absolutely gorgeous!!! Where did you get the ottoman?

7. Heather February 22, 2013 at 8:58 AM #

Beautiful! I love the navy/coral pillow combination.

8. Amber Chambers February 22, 2013 at 3:15 PM #

Love it!! Gold, gray & coral. You can never go wrong!

9. Rachel Schultz February 27, 2013 at 3:01 PM #

I love your blog! I hope you can post more. (But also glad you’re a mom!)

10. Jessica (A Simple Kind of Life) March 4, 2013 at 9:49 AM #

Love the ottoman and slightly obsessed with that tray!

11. Val March 20, 2013 at 2:16 PM #

Lovely lovely!! Gotta get me a can of that gold metallic spray paint and something to paint! Can I ask your wall paint color? So lovey.

12. Kristin March 20, 2013 at 2:34 PM #

beautiful!!! i love everything about this room!! what color are your walls?

13. Julie (@ellivenstudio) March 20, 2013 at 5:53 PM #

absolutely gorgeous room! I love it…and I’m dying over the sunburst! I’m trying to find the perfect one to hang above the couch in our living room.

14. Courtney March 20, 2013 at 10:57 PM #

Beautiful room! Where did you get your darling ceiling fan?

15. Rachel March 24, 2013 at 6:46 AM #

LOVE this room. Where is the trellis rug from?

16. homerandruth March 30, 2013 at 7:02 AM #

beautiful room! In addition to all the great pieces, I noticed the gold spray painted mason jar that you’ve used as a vase… great idea! Hope you don’t mind if I steal it🙂

17. Tiana March 30, 2013 at 8:02 PM #

Hi! Looks great! Love your style! What type of ikea drapes did you use for baby closet? Love the drapes idea instead of closet doors:) thanks!

18. Fi April 2, 2013 at 12:15 AM #

Your living room is gorgeous, well done! I’d really love to know where the brass tray is from? Thanks

• Lizzie Stewart May 15, 2013 at 7:28 AM #

Thank you!

You can find the tray on etsy or eBay!

I found mind on etsy.

Sent from my iPhone

19. Brooke April 8, 2013 at 1:24 PM #

I just LOVE your living room!!! So jealous😉 Where did you get your white couch from?

20. Jasmine May 1, 2013 at 6:56 AM #

I love the paint color on your living room door! Can you please share what paint color it is? You’ve got such a great eye!

21. Janet Lemen May 26, 2013 at 8:48 AM #

I adore the new wooden table in the living room! Where did you find it?

22. Hollie @ I'm Busy Procrastinating July 11, 2013 at 7:44 PM #

Your room has a very fresh look. Nice! I have a question about the ribbon trim on the drapes. I’ve been considering doing the same thing. Your ribbon seems to be a substantial size. Can you tell me how many inches wide it is? And did you wrap it around the edge of the curtains? Or is there any white showing at the edges of the curtains? I’ve seen it done both ways.

23. Nicole August 28, 2013 at 10:53 AM #

I love the curtains… Can you explain how you added the ribbon? Thanks!

• Lizzie Stewart September 16, 2013 at 7:42 PM #

Hi Nicole!

I just used fabric tac and glued them on. Super easy!

Thanks for reading!

24. Rose September 14, 2013 at 9:45 AM #

Hi, I just found your blog and just love it. Can you tell me where you bought the sunburst mirror? It’s gorgeous! Love how you painted it gold. I’m trying to find the perfect one and this one looks like the one! Thanks.

• Lizzie Stewart September 16, 2013 at 7:28 PM #

Hi Rose!

I actually found the mirror off craigslist so I’m not sure where its originally from.

Thanks for reading!

25. Asia January 31, 2014 at 11:00 AM #

Hello!
    Absolutely gorgeous decor. Where did you get the White lookalike Fillagree urns from?

Thanks!