The Crib

9 Jul

My close friends know but most of you don’t…I have the worst time making decisions!

Especially when it comes to ordering something online and potentially not being able to return it.

So it’s unfortunate that all the cribs I like are online only. Really great!

I’ve narrowed it down to 3 and now it’s decision making time, because I really want to get this nursery done before she comes…here’s hoping!

The first option is the Olivia by Baby Mod

I like the modern clean lines, not loving the dark base, so I most likely will end up painting it.

Baby mod olivia

Next is the Hudson by Babyletto

Again love the clean lines, but do you think it’s girly enough. Maybe it’s just the name thats throwing me off.

Babyletto hudson

And my final option would be the Jenny Lind. It’s classic, it’s feminine, and I love the idea of throwing modern bedding with the vintage feel.

Jenny lind

So basically the overall feel I want for the nursery, is not matchy matchy but more of an eclectic, modern mixed with vintage pieces.

The other pieces I have in there right now, is an antique dresser and the Ikea Expedit bookshelf. I’m just torn where to go with the crib… I love both styles equally.

So of course the only rational thing to do is blog about it and hopefully get some feedback from you guys, that always seems to help this crazy indecisive girl.

12 Responses to “The Crib”

1. Lindsay Butler July 9, 2012 at 8:11 AM #

Do you know what bedding you will be using? I am leaning towards the last two options.

2. Dawn July 9, 2012 at 8:14 AM #

I love the last one for a vintage feel. It’s very old school! It’s sweet.

3. Dani Lee July 9, 2012 at 9:29 AM #

Definitely Baby Mod with the bottom painted a soft accent color to go with the room.

4. Kristin July 9, 2012 at 11:41 AM #

We just ordered the Jenny Lind crib for our nursery this weekend and plan on painting it yellow. My ideas for the nursery sound like yours…not matchy-matchy and kind of this hodge podge eclectic feel with some vintage thrown in. This is why we loved the Jenny Lind crib! And you can’t beat the price you can get online. Don’t know if this will help, but if you order it online from Wal-Mart it’s slightly more than Amazon but you can have it shipped directly to your local store and return it there if you end up not liking it! Good luck…look forward to seeing your progress!

5. A Pura Vida July 9, 2012 at 12:02 PM #

so difficult – i say go vintage – it’s so pretty and classic.

6. Erin F July 9, 2012 at 12:11 PM #

I like the second one but I LOVE the Jenny Lind!

7. Tracy July 9, 2012 at 12:18 PM #

I like the classic vintage look of the Jenny Lind, would look lovely mixed with modern furnishings. You may want to purchase the toddler bed conversion kit if you plan to use one.

We went straight from a crib to a twin bed for my daughter (she’s now 20) as we would have had to buy a separate toddler bed which she would have quickly outgrown, though.

8. Jenny Wegand July 9, 2012 at 12:28 PM #

I like #2. I like the clean lines and if you plan to use it for more than one child it is gender neutral…in my opinion. Im 33 and have 4 kiddos, so I guess my taste would lean in the direction of style and longevity.
    Good luck!

9. Jackie July 9, 2012 at 8:04 PM #

I really like the Hudson!

10. brooketamisiea July 12, 2012 at 10:37 AM #

I went with the Jenny Lind! I just love the classic look and beautiful details on this crib. I know it isn’t a crib I will get tired of in a couple of years (my fear with the more modern cribs).

xo,
    Brooke

11. made2style July 17, 2012 at 6:19 PM #

Ok just saw this post and by now you may have already decided but so hard! I love the Babyletto but Jenny Lind is a beautifully vintage. I guess I would have to say Jenny Lind because even if your style changes and you have another child you have a classic piece that will always work with your decor!
    Can’t wait to see the room!

xo Cindy

• made2style July 17, 2012 at 8:13 PM #

just saw this on Pinterest, what are the odds…

ok im done stalking you! HA