what is yellow and tufted

1 Mar

my new ottoman of course.

picked up this tufted ottoman at Target out of all places, I had been looking for an ottoman to double as a coffee table after I found out I was preggers, so the new little babe wouldn’t have to deal with sharp corners.

I pretty much love it, just hard to get used to the yellow…and so much of it.

Unfortunately the colors they offer are pretty limited and pretty boring…black, brown, navy, lavender, and tan. WTF?

Loving the texture of the linen and it’s surprisingly very well made too.

The husband is very anti ottomans for coffee tables because he can’t eat or set his drink down, but so far he has been ok with using the tray. Crossing my fingers!

So, what do you think? Do you likey or think it’s way too much yellow?

I’m so torn!! Plus it doesn’t help that I’m a compulsive returner.

29 Responses to “what is yellow and tufted”

1. Liz March 1, 2012 at 8:11 AM #

It’s gorgeous and the perfect pop of color in your room. What a gorgeous and relaxing space!!

2. Jackie March 1, 2012 at 8:15 AM #

I likey🙂 I like how the yellow pops and it matches your pillows on the couch. Great idea for the baby too so you don’t have the pointy corners. I had to take my coffee table out of my living room for 6 months when Aiden was small.❤ you miss u!!

3. Brianna March 1, 2012 at 8:45 AM #

I love it!! Its such a great idea for when the baby is young. Its adorable and practical!

4. Melissa Adler & Virginia Lindstrom March 1, 2012 at 9:03 AM #

Well you already know what I think. Do not return it!!! OMG it’s so cute & you’re right it really does not look like a product of Target. Crazy!

5. Miranda March 1, 2012 at 9:09 AM #

It looks amazing!!!

6. Erin F March 1, 2012 at 2:36 PM #

So cute! And yes perfect for the bebe! Don’t return! Love the yellow!

7. Adrienne March 1, 2012 at 6:25 PM #

Well my favorite color is yellow so I love it! It’s a nice contrast to the cool blues and white. BUT you can always add in a couple more pops of color to tone down the yellow if you want!

8. Nkoyo March 2, 2012 at 6:45 AM #

I love it! It’s just right. I’m looking for mustard/yellow and grey accents for my master bedroom. I can’t seem to find a comforter/set that I love and I’m tempted to DIY but I’ve not ever done a duvet before.

9. Christine March 2, 2012 at 8:26 AM #

Aboslutley love it! The yellow is so fresh, clean and springy. And what a perfect ottoman… Can’t believe it’s from Target. I’m thinking about one for myself now!🙂

10. designstiles March 8, 2012 at 11:23 PM #

I love the yellow. It’s so cheerful. Can’t believe it’s from Target. Great find!

PS – Congrats on becoming a mom-to-be. How exciting!

11. Emily March 14, 2012 at 9:30 PM #

Where did you get your grey zebra pillows? Been looking for some, but don’t want to spend a ton… Thanks!

12. Sonia May 1, 2012 at 6:21 AM #

I love the pop of yellow, so refreshing. I love the look of the ottoman, but I saw the dimensions on Target and is it really only 10 inches tall or is that just the legs? I have been trying to persuade hubby to switch out coffee table, but if it is so short he might not go for it

13. Andrea May 1, 2012 at 6:33 AM #

It looks awesome. The yellow really makes a statement.

14. A Lived in Home May 1, 2012 at 11:33 AM #

Oh, don’t return it! It’s gorgeous in your space!!

15. cassie May 1, 2012 at 6:35 PM #

this room is beautiful! the ottoman is perfect in there!

16. victoria August 28, 2012 at 12:24 PM #

wow love this room!!!! where did you get that gorgeous area rug from???

17. stacie September 28, 2012 at 8:02 PM #

i love it and now will be buying it..lol

18. allyson December 4, 2012 at 2:21 PM #

Where did you get those chairs?

• Lizzie Stewart December 30, 2012 at 9:04 PM #

Hi!

I bought them off craigslist. I know you can find similar styles on etsy or ebay.

19. Haley McCormick January 4, 2013 at 12:28 PM #

I just stumbled across your blog from Kirsten Krason’s Feature Friday. Darling style! Where did you find the ceiling fan/light in your living room?

20. Tara July 27, 2013 at 8:30 AM #

Did you get the yellow rosette pillows off etsy as well?

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Made by Jane | Ottoman, Versatility - August 27, 2013

[…] 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 […]

2. Button Tufting…for a Steal - April 25, 2014

[…] can see the yellow version in Lizzy’s living room […]

3. Fav Five: Living Rooms - Label Me Merrit - November 1, 2014

[…] grey and yellow living room from 346 Living is the perfect mix of sweet and sassy.  The calming whites and yellows mixed with the […]

4. Button Tufting…for a Steal | Home Designs Wallpaper - November 16, 2014

[…] can see the yellow version in Lizzy’s living room […]

5. Espejito, espejito... Decoramos con espejos de sol - March 20, 2015

[…] Un bonito salón en blanco y toques amarillos con el espejo de sol plateado. Vía […]

6. Button Tufting…for a Steal | wallpaper pictures photos - June 15, 2015

[…] Target in Canada yet, but it’s coming in 2013 last I heard. You can see the yellow version in Lizzy’s living room below. If I had access to a Target, I would definitely pick one up and recommend them […]

7. Gray, Teal and Yellow Color Scheme Decor Inspiration - September 16, 2015