the big news

23 Feb

I apologize for my absence…I just haven’t been up to blogging lately.

Due to a little bean taking over my body and life.

photo(5)

Yes! We’re PREGNANT!

I love this picture, it was taken on January 2nd in Kauai, the day we found out!

And what a relief it was, because prior to this I had been held up in bed not able to hold any food down for 3 days.

It all started with a horrible yet memorable boating experience. Where I went through the most horrendous case of sea sickness I’ve ever had in my entire life. After 3 days of still feeling “sea sick” the husband just knew something wasn’t right. Plus he was hearing the P word quite a lot from his mom and sister.

So off he went to pick up a test!

…four tests later (just cause I’m crazy like that) we found out our lives would be changing forever.

IMG_9026

There is something so intimate and special about sharing the news between just the two of you. I never would have imagined the warmth and love I would feel in that moment with my husband. We were embarking on a whole new adventure, and were excited to start!

And now that I’m finally feeling a bit normal and able to eat the foods I once enjoyed. I plan to get back into blogging and decorating and DIYing!

We have big projects to tackle before this little babe makes their arrival on September 4th.

One of them being the guest bathroom, which will now be the babies bathroom. We are gutting it and hopefully expanding it, because it’s tiny TINY!

Also, a room I’ve never shared with you guys is our guest room aka my hoarding room. This room needs a complete overhaul as well since it will now become the nursery.

So stick with me peeps!

I’ll also keep you updated on the little one, as well as post some belly shots. Cause who doesn’t love a good preggers belly once in awhile!

7 Responses to “the big news”

1. Candice February 23, 2012 at 10:26 AM #

GEEZUSSSS I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope the baby is all chub!!! Eat more!

2. Allison February 23, 2012 at 11:23 AM #

YAYYYYY. Love that shot by the way with the rings and test! Totally need to do something like that🙂 Can’t wait for this all to unfold and to meet bebe!

PS: I have a guess as to what you are going to have🙂

3. Kristin Talbert February 23, 2012 at 11:51 AM #

I love this post! It’s beautiful! Congratulations! Love the photos too. The one with the test is precious😉 Looking forward to seeing your upcoming projects too!

4. Melissa Adler & Virginia Lindstrom February 23, 2012 at 12:32 PM #

I’m so excited!!!!! Can’t wait to meet the bebe & help you shop for fun house and baby stuff. Love you!!

5. Hayley February 23, 2012 at 2:03 PM #

Congrats!!! Beautiful pictures!

6. Jackie February 23, 2012 at 7:35 PM #

So excited for you!!! Can’t wait for the little one to come!! Love you!!

7. Sarah February 23, 2012 at 7:38 PM #

Congrats!! Love that picture, so sweet!!🙂 I am 23 weeks today!!