sofa switch up

7 Nov

What up peeps!

Hope you had a good weekend. Mine was pretty relaxing, we had planned to build the bookcase but the weather just wasn’t on our side.

So I had a little fun switching up the sofa.

After many nights of complaining and groans from the husband of the back cushions being uncomfortable, I thought hey why don’t I just remove them and replace with a bunch of throw pillows.

jordan-living-3

Like this one I saw on Young House Love House Crashing

the situation a couple months ago.

now. minus the throw pillows

bye bye cushions

obviously I’m not going to leave it like this. But I just wanted to get an idea, so I ran around the house like a crazy person grabbing all the throw pillows I could find.

It was actually surprisingly comfortable and I’m kind of loving the relaxed look it gives off. The bonus was right when the husband sat down he was in complete heaven. brownie points for me!

The nice thing is I can always switch back to the standard cushions if I get sick of it, which will most likely happen in 6 months.

IMG_8483

On Sunday I ran over to PB to grab some larger pillows to get a better feel of the layout. Here it is with four 26” and two 16×26” pillows. Much better on the scale, but I want to try one more option of two 26”, two 24” and one 16×26”.

Also, I had to return the down pillows from PB because they were just too thin. Does anyone know where I can find overstuffed down pillow inserts? I really would like to find some that keep there shape as much as possible.

Anyway enough pillow talk.

Have you thought about removing your back cushions to give your sofa a new look? Did you love or hate it?

6 Responses to “sofa switch up”

1. Harper November 7, 2011 at 10:07 AM #

Holla.
    Okay. I have a fabric store in SC and we sell pillows (Store: Not Just Fabrics) ALL feather/down pillows settle. the end. We always stuff a 27″ in a 24″ case and this helps but then you have to deal with the little pokey feathers coming out. We have several kinds differing in quality and REGARDLESS some will come out (yes, even with down guards).
    Have you seen the down alternative beads?

2. Desiree November 7, 2011 at 10:14 AM #

I sent a little love to your blog to day on my blog:)

Desiree,

3. Brooke November 8, 2011 at 7:40 AM #

I actually got great DOWN filler pillows at IKEA – for $13. Mine are 20×20, and I’m not sure if they come in different sizes, but they are great!

4. Tessa housden November 30, 2011 at 2:16 AM #

Where is that gorgeous oversized trellis rug from? I simply MUST have one! Xx

• Lizzie Stewart November 30, 2011 at 12:45 PM #

It’s from overstock. You can find it Mine is an 8 x 10 which I think they sold out of.

5. Mira October 25, 2012 at 2:05 PM #

Hi- I love your blog and all of the pictures so creative. I found it when researching the grey rug on overstock. I was wondering where you got your couch? I’m about to furnish our new house and I am looking for something like it! You can great design sense, your place looks great. I wish I had as much fun with it as you!