Area Rugs on Carpet

3 Jun

Would you say this is taboo? a big no-no in decorating?

Well, as I’ve never had formal training,  I prefer to have no rules in decorating. I just go with the flow!

So when I took the PB moorish rug out of the living room, I wasn’t quite ready to part with it, so I moved it into our bedroom. I’ve never been a fan of rugs on carpet, but after googling a bit, I noticed I really liked the color & pattern it can bring to boring carpet.

This room is gorgeous, the chevron rug adds so much to this room.

Ok so here’s what it looks like in our bedroom

So, what do you think?

33 Responses to “Area Rugs on Carpet”

1. Candice June 3, 2011 at 12:51 PM #

omggggggggg I can’t WAIT TO SEE IT next weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Erin June 3, 2011 at 4:11 PM #

I think it looks great!

3. kellyt June 4, 2011 at 5:15 AM #

Looks really nice. I actually think putting a rug with some pattern on a boring beige carpet adds a lot more interest to the room. I have several throughout my upstairs rooms, until one day I can afford hardwoods up there.

4. Summer Saldana June 5, 2011 at 10:09 PM #

Oh, how I LOVE! The rug, your room, everything!!!

5. Kristy Swain June 6, 2011 at 7:05 PM #

I love the rug in your room! It was once considered taboo, but has really been fully accepted in the past five or ten years. They can add such color, pattern and texture. Love them.

6. best carpet cleaning service June 9, 2011 at 1:18 AM #

I like the way you play with the colors and designs of your rugs! I love so much and it adds life to your carpet.

7. Jennifer August 27, 2011 at 7:12 AM #

Where did you get your gorgeous comforter??? And the rug looks beautiful in there!

• Lizzie Stewart September 1, 2011 at 11:55 AM #

Hi thank you for your kind words.
      I got the duvet cover from west elm, see it here

8. C Mae November 28, 2011 at 6:36 PM #

Our bedroom is yellow and gray and I would LOVE to know where your rug is from? my email is itsmecassiemae@gmail.com

Your bedroom is truly beautiful!

• Lizzie Stewart November 29, 2011 at 10:28 PM #

Its the Moorish tile rug from Pottery Barn. They no longer sell it but you can find it on craigslist and ebay sometimes. I actually bought mine off eBay.

9. Ann February 25, 2012 at 9:39 PM #

I like it; I would pull it up a bit further under the bed towards the pillow end, so it doesn’t look like it is too small for the space. The colors are pretty in the room.

10. Libby March 5, 2012 at 2:06 PM #

Love the color in your bedroom! Do you mind sharing what it is?

11. Michele July 8, 2012 at 9:08 PM #

where did you find the ledge at?

12. ronda July 11, 2012 at 6:52 PM #

Style and class. I love it!

13. Brenton Pajerski July 24, 2012 at 11:59 PM #

The area rugs that we used at home uses cotton and synthetic fibers. Cotton is great for absorbing moisture and residual water. Synthetic fiber is great for providing strength.;.,’,

Warmest wishes

14. Crystal July 27, 2012 at 1:20 PM #

I love the yellow area rug may I ask where it can be purchased at?

• Lizzie Stewart August 11, 2012 at 3:04 PM #

The area rug is from Pottery Barn about 5 years ago. I think you can still find them on ebay or craigslist.

15. Jessica September 7, 2012 at 9:44 PM #

Where did you get your duvet cover and pillows? I love them.

16. Neil Langdale October 10, 2012 at 8:14 AM #

area rugs are great because they can really filter those dirt and grime before it goes into the inside of your house. :.,..

Our favorite online site

17. Dorothy May 29, 2013 at 4:38 PM #

How do you keep the rug on top from bunching up in places? I’ve tried every thing.

18. adobe creative suite July 7, 2013 at 11:33 AM #

A company should be highly experienced and must have cleaners that can be relied on.
    The company provides carpet cleaning in Austin, San Antonio and Houston,
    Texas, to residential, commercial and industrial clients.
    Commercial carpet cleaner machines used as
    upholstery cleaners are equipped with smaller 4-inch wands to clean
    seat and sofa covers, chairs, and cushions.

19. Noreen January 19, 2014 at 12:38 PM #

Where is the comforter from?

20. norwell tile flooring July 23, 2014 at 8:53 AM #

I’m now not positive the place you’re getting your
    info, however good topic. I needs to spend some time studying more or understanding more.
    Thanks for fantastic information I used to be
    searching for this information for my mission.

21. vacation packages July 25, 2014 at 12:29 PM #

I do not know whether it’s just me or if perhaps everybody else encountering problems with your website.
    It seems like some of the written text within your posts are running off
    the screen. Can someone else please provide feedback and let me know
    if this is happening to them too? This might be a problem with my browser because I’ve had this happen before.
    Thanks

22. tiles September 7, 2014 at 7:37 PM #

Hi there, yes this piece of writing is really fastidious annd I have learned lot of things from it concerning blogging.
    thanks.

23. Tara January 13, 2015 at 11:05 PM #

Where is your bed from? I absolutely LOVE it, and am looking for a bed just like that one! x

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Area Rugs on Carpet « 346 Living | Area Rug List - June 4, 2011

[…] rest is here: Area Rugs on Carpet « 346 Living Tagged as: big-no-no, flow, formal-training, moorish-rug, never-had Comments Off Comments (0) […]

2. Any ideas on what color to paint my bedroom? : THE GARDENWALLS - April 1, 2013

[…] http://makelyhome.com/chevron-eclectic-yellow-gray-white-teal-bedroom/ https://346living.com/2011/06/03/area-rugs-on-carpet/ http://our-own-home.blogspot.com/2010/11/stuff-i-love.html […]

3. 25 Yellow Rug and Carpet Ideas to Brighten up Any Room - August 24, 2015

[…] how you can pair dark furniture with the rug for a striking contrast, and a couple bedrooms from 346 Living and HGTV even shows how it can brighten up some already very bright, white […]

4. 25 Yellow Rug and Carpet Ideas to Brighten up Any Room | Interior Design Blogs - August 24, 2015

[…] how you can pair dark furniture with the rug for a striking contrast, and a couple bedrooms from 346 Living and HGTV even shows how it can brighten up some already very bright, white […]

5. 25 Yellow Rug and Carpet Ideas to Brighten up Any Room - Proverbial31 - August 24, 2015

[…] pair dark furniture with the rug for a striking contrast, and a couple bedrooms from 346 Living and HGTV even shows how it can brighten up some already very bright, white […]