Black Doors

12 May

Now that we are door painting pros! (well actually my husband really is.)

I want to tackle our french door in the kitchen, the one we use to access the backyard.

Right now it looks like shit, I’m sorry it just does.

You can’t really tell from the photos but Sarge has once again decided to destroy a door and this one was his main target.

I was thinking a glossy black would look stunning, especially from the view outside.

White could be pretty too, but it seems like all you see these days are white french doors. I really like the boldness that comes with black, very chic.

I’m pretty sure it’ll look fabulous. What do you think? Have you painted any of your doors black?

5 Responses to “Black Doors”

1. Candice May 12, 2011 at 9:08 AM #

I think black would look great! but would it clash with the other colors??

2. LOFT32 May 16, 2011 at 3:00 PM #

When we purchased our home, all of the doors were an orange colored natural pine (from the 1960’s) and I loved that they were solid wood and panel doors, but the color dated the home. During our remodel, we ended up knocking out a 6′ foot slider and installed 10 feet of french doors. We had them stained a dark espresso color (to match the kitchen cabinets) and loved it so much- we had all of the other doors in the house stained too. Although, they are not black, they are almost black and might give you an idea of what yours would look like if you painted them black….everyone who comes over LOVES them. The hardest part is keeping them dust free🙂
    Here’s a couple links that show the doors/rooms:

XO,
    Candace

3. Marissa May 19, 2011 at 2:08 PM #

I love the boldness and pop of a dark stained / black door. Not to mention, they make the best statement. Not to much not to little, just perfect!

4. hypheninteriors May 21, 2011 at 10:29 AM #

I have been loving the black french doors lately too… Wish it worked well with my current color scheme. It can be stunning, though!

5. Paint Color Help January 22, 2013 at 8:18 PM #

Yes, that door needs to be black. I converted my white kitchen doors to black a year ago, and wondered why I waited so long.