Floor Lamp options

13 Apr

Now comes the hard part…floor lamps.

Floor lamps to me seem to all look the same and be pretty boring, but there are actually a few out there that are gorgeous.

Like this beauty from Z Gallerie

But at $269.00 it’s WAY out of budget! I’m definitely not going to spend over $500 on lamps!

Here are some options I found, that I could just spray paint glossy white or black and switch out the ugly shades.

Overstock

Target

$70 bucks is kind of a steal!

Target

Another possible option, is this crystal ball lamp from Overstock

I don’t know though…the Mariposa lamp from Z is UNREAL! I seriously must have it because nothing else compares to it.

Would spending $588 on lamps be the stupidest mistake ever?

Oh here’s one more I found at Kirkland’s

Here’s my attempt at “photoshopping” them in my living room. Haha

8 Responses to “Floor Lamp options”

1. Candice April 13, 2011 at 9:51 AM #

Ooo I love the lamps!!! I have always loved those type! I really love the red lamp shade for some reason! Hahahaha girl your photoshopping is epic!!! Hahahahaha I love it!!! I can see how they would look! Hahaha!

2. Kristy Swain April 13, 2011 at 10:40 PM #

I like the first one. Definitely black to add some weight to the room.

3. Melissa Lindstrom April 14, 2011 at 9:58 AM #

My vote: Z Gallerie! Definitely the cutest.

• Lizzie Stewart April 14, 2011 at 10:43 AM #

Even though they are like $600!? seems rape to me. Thinking about going with the Kirkland ones and spray painting them glossy black like the Z lamps.

4. kellyt April 14, 2011 at 7:53 PM #

I would buy a cheaper version and change out the shade for a drum shape. $600 is a budget blower.

• Jessica April 15, 2011 at 8:42 AM #

Not to make it more confusing, but have you thought of maybe a brass finish? It would feel ‘Parisian Flat’-ish to me. And pull the yellow from your pillows. I love yellow-brass against grey. Unexpected and designer like!

5. Allison April 15, 2011 at 7:33 PM #

I kind of like the clear ones…..you have no black in that room, so dark seems harsh. Definitely not on the $600 though. not worth it!

6. erica April 27, 2011 at 2:30 PM #

that grey rug..i actually have that same one in my living room and i LOVE IT. I’ve even spilled ENCHILADA sauce on it and it came right off with soapy water! Which means its survived my 2 yr old too. You won’t regret it🙂