Where shall she go?

24 Mar

“She” meaning my lovely new mirror from Home Goods.

Basically I really only have two possible locations I could put her.

The first is where I intended to put her. Right above our bed, but its a little tight with our mantel there and I don’t think my husband would be willing to remove it. Plus I love the idea of  having it there and then accessorizing the mantel with small tall and short vases in vibrant colors, picture teal, yellow, and silver. Gorgeous right?

I really like how my new boxes (also from Home Goods) play off the mirror too. It’s like they were meant to be. Awww

Ok so that’s her in the bedroom.

Now my other option was our hallway, right now we have a cute vintage mirror hanging which I always thought was too small for the space.

Please don’t mind my camera shy handyman/husband. I needed to visualize!

What do you think about her against our plaster walls? This was a crazy finish my husband decided to do in our hallway. One of the many reasons why I love him.

So what do you think? Which location shall she rest??

6 Responses to “Where shall she go?”

1. Jessica H March 24, 2011 at 10:39 AM #

First of all, love the mirror, it would look gorgeous anywhere in your lovely home! My 2 cents..If you put it above the mantle, I think you would have to lower the mantle due to size. Too heavy, too high. I know, pain in the arse. Maybe a collection of smaller vintage mirrors or something like silhouettes? I guess I’m leaning towards the hall.

2. Summer Saldana March 24, 2011 at 11:53 AM #

I agree that the shelf should be lowered if you put the mirror there. So. Because I know husbands, and I think mine would shoot dagger eyes at me….

Hang it in the hallway. It looks FAB there and that space needs a lil somethin’ somethin’!

3. Gail February 8, 2012 at 10:04 AM #

Oh, the hallway, for sure, for sure! I love the way the shiny mirror plays off those gorgeous walls!

4. Janna March 9, 2012 at 2:09 PM #

I like it best in the hallway. It looks a little large for above the mirror maybe?
    I have a camera shy hubby too, which makes it difficult when you’re trying to take pictures of “how to” for a blog!
    Just found you, having fun browsing your site!

5. Suzannah (@AdvDressmaking) November 19, 2012 at 8:20 PM #

Love love love that mirror. She looks great everywhere! I sort of collect pretty mirrors, have lots of them all over… they are versatile!

6. jd January 4, 2013 at 6:47 PM #

LOVE her, the mirror, I’m mirror crazy and think that she is better showcased in the hall. Great find!