the kitchen reveal

16 Aug

Hello World!

I’m finally sitting down to blog! Oh my, stop the press!

For good reason too, I wanted to finally share with you our updated kitchen.

First a trip down memory lane…

Really old kitchen

2007 – what our kitchen looked like when we first moved in…ummm yeah and this is even after we painted the cabinets. It worked though, we were young and had a lot of parties here.

Old kitchen

2009 remodel – we pushed out the house to enlarge the kitchen and add a breakfast nook. Loved my kitchen but definitely had some regrets later on about the granite and not going with white cabinets.

2013 – the husband gave the go ahead to paint the cabinets. Yippee!

And here’s the final result!!

IMG 2543

IMG 2535

IMG 2613

We decided to take off four of the cabinet doors hoping it would open the space up more, I really love how it turned out!

IMG 2472

IMG 2499

Also switched out all the hardware, this process drove me nuts I probably ordered about 20 different pulls because I so wanted cup pulls but in the end our cabinets have so much detail that a simple sleek pull complimented them so much better. The knobs were easy, I knew I wanted crystal and found some great ones at House of Antique Hardware. The pulls are from School House Electric

IMG 2569

IMG 2578

IMG 2594

IMG 2482

The cabinet color is Benjamin Moore’s Simply White and the wall color is Revere Pewter 50% formula, one of my all time fave colors!

IMG 2559

IMG 2615

IMG_2503.JPG

IMG 2548

IMG 2593

I can never pass up a good throw pillow, love that I now have some in my kitchen!

pillow sources are: spotted black & white, pink geometric clearance bin at West Elm, Ikea stockholm pillow, gold polka dot, pink Ikat

IMG 2550

The ever so popular hicks pendant, I’m sorry I will never grow tired of this light. Its just gorgeous. That is all.

IMG 2588

IMG 2596

I’m loving our bench, not only does it free up so much space in our tiny nook but meals have become so much more intimate and cozy.  My favorite is breakfast with my Zo and the morning sun beaming through.

IMG 2651

IMG 2614

IMG 2654

Just picked up this little cart for our smoothie station.

IMG 2512

We gave Zoe her own little drawer and she just loves sitting in it. Ha! I hope it doesn’t break.

IMG 2618

Very VERY special thanks to my amazing husband for all his hard work on this project and for putting up with all my indecisiveness.

I love you.

About these ads

25 Responses to “the kitchen reveal”

1. Dani August 16, 2013 at 10:17 AM #

Looks absolutely gorgeous!!! Can you tell us more about the process? How long did it take? Did you have the cabinets professionally sprayed, or was it DIY? Great job!!

2. Melissa Adler August 16, 2013 at 10:34 AM #

Holy mother of gorgeous!!! I’m beyond obsessed girl! So gorg. Love every single detail. Can’t wait to see this in person on Saturday!

3. Joce August 17, 2013 at 8:07 AM #

Such a gorgeous kitchen! So pretty :). Would you ba able to share a bit more about the process? I’m curious as well. Also, where are the pink ikat & coral geometric pillows from? love love love the breakfast nook, it is adorable!

• Lizzie Stewart September 16, 2013 at 7:45 PM #

Hi Joce,

Thank you so much!

I actually just updated the post with the pillow sources. enjoy!

4. Courtney August 17, 2013 at 4:40 PM #

Beautiful!! Love every detail… my favorite has to be that light – stunning.

5. Patti August 17, 2013 at 9:21 PM #

Awesome,Liz!

6. Kate August 18, 2013 at 12:02 AM #

Fabulously done. I am completely envious of the turquoise geometric printed bowls. Would you mind sharing where you got those?

• Lizzie Stewart September 16, 2013 at 7:31 PM #

Hi Kate!

I got them at Crate & Barrel about 3 years ago.
      Not sure if they still have them.

Thanks for reading!

7. Ashley@biggerthanthethreeofus August 19, 2013 at 11:49 AM #

Love the choices you made. Gorgeous pulls, pillows and that lovely light. Would love to get sources on your pillows. Great job!

• Lizzie Stewart September 16, 2013 at 7:45 PM #

Hi Ashley!

Thank you so much!

I just updated the post with the pillow sources!

8. Jaime Lopez August 19, 2013 at 2:38 PM #

Wow! Congrats on the updates. I love that you went ahead and painted the cabinets white, it really makes the space feel modern, chic and sophisticated. I also love that you brought in pops of color to keep it fresh. I am sure it was a lot of work!

9. bwjenson August 24, 2013 at 6:08 PM #

Gorgeous. Love the choices you made. Especially the cabinet hardware and light fixture. I wanted to ask how the b/w striped rug in your nursery has held up over time? I’m thinking about getting one and curious how well it has worn for you with a baby and dog in the house.

• Lizzie Stewart September 16, 2013 at 7:44 PM #

Hi there!

The rug has been holding up great. Any accidental spills have come up great with just a baby wipe.
      I try not to let the dog in her room to much as the dog hair shows up a lot on the black stripes.

But other than that I love it!

10. Carly September 1, 2013 at 12:56 PM #

You have a beautiful space here. We are about to embark on a backsplash adventure — would you mind telling/showing how you ended the tile where it meets the wall? It does not look like you used a special end cap from the photos, which would make our lives easier if we could go that route. :)

11. Runt September 10, 2013 at 11:15 AM #

I loooove the kitchen! I really like white cabinets too, they’re so classy and clean looking and they really go with any style! I must have that white owl on your counter. Is it from Target?

• Lizzie Stewart September 16, 2013 at 7:30 PM #

Thank you so much!

I actually got the owl at Z Gallerie, I see they have the gold one online.

Good Luck!

12. ugg discount November 27, 2013 at 8:16 PM #

At this time, as folks appreciate to keep up with latest style tendencies, continually choose to purchase this kind of accessories which are fashionable, appealing to meet all your needs. We provide our replica purses globally. Our bags are specifically the same copies, you can find every little thing the same in relation to interior cloth or leather-based like bags authentic outside..
    ugg discount

13. boots ugg November 27, 2013 at 8:17 PM #

Relax and be yourself. Prior to beginning your speech, inhale deeply a few instances to help you relax. Making use of your full lung capacity instead of respiration higher inside the chest can help you keep relaxed..
    boots ugg

14. billiga uggs November 27, 2013 at 8:18 PM #

The first factor to contemplate having a price range may be the complete amount of income that you simply have coming into the home. This has to be published in the leading on the web page. This can be the number that every thing else shall be determined by.
    billiga uggs

15. ugg boots uk November 27, 2013 at 8:19 PM #

The typical center-to-center length in the Earth towards the Moon is 384,403 kilometres (238,857 miles), that is about thirty instances the diameter on the Earth. The Moon features a diameter of 3,474 kilometres (2,159 miles)[1] slightly over a quarter that on the Earth. This means that the volume on the Moon is only 1/50th that of Earth.
    ugg boots uk

16. ugg baby November 27, 2013 at 8:19 PM #

When folks think romance novel, the very first thought that pops up could be ‘Harlequin Romance’. And why not? Harlequin romance novels have been about for many years and continue to become the chief in series romance on the planet. Harlequin romance novels have certainly withstood the test of time, and therefore are still planning as strong presently because they had been inside the 1960′s..
    ugg baby

17. peuterey chaqueta para mujer December 12, 2013 at 6:27 PM #

Frente a la misma dirección con las dos manos le pega en la parte más interna del relleno con la misma ropa desde el interior y exterior, respectivamente, si dentro de los flóculos están abajo, de modo que la palmadita parte de abajo, ya que se centrará, mientras que el otro Mezzanine parte hacia un lugar bien iluminado una foto sitio entrepiso se encuentra la luz. Si el acrílico en algodón acolchado, no aparecerá fenómeno sandwich. El piso de la chaqueta sobre la mesa con ambas manos y suavemente pat, si es hacia abajo, entonces un alto grado esponjosa. Por el contrario, si es práctico, puede contener algodón acrílico.

18. Stephanie January 8, 2014 at 5:11 AM #

My question is where did you take the cabinets to be sprayed? Did they come in and spray the wall cabinets too? How did you know who to call?

19. Krystal April 26, 2014 at 10:32 PM #

Was your bench custom done by a carpenter or you? About to tackle it in my home and wondering. Also wondering how the table is holding up

20. bathroom renovations under 1000 September 27, 2014 at 2:02 AM #

Hello, every time i used to check weblog posts here early in the dawn, because i enjoy to learn more and more.