Our Pretty Blue Door

27 Apr

Well we he did it!

Our front door is now a pretty gray blue! Isn’t it gorgeous! I’m in love.

In case you forgot this is what our door used to look like, kind of orangey and scratched to all hell, courtesy of Sarge our pug.

And here’s how it all went down…

First step! Sanding!

We had the primer tinted to our color, which is key.

Then we puttied any imperfections.

This stuff is bad ass and drys super fast!

Next up! Sanding again! Woah we did a lot of sanding.

PAINT TIME!

We chose Benjamin Moore Wedgewood Gray at150%

After another good sanding, Ryan finally sprayed the finish coat. Look at my man in action.

We even did the interior side blue, I think it totally brightens up the room.

Don’t you?

Next up I want to get a retractable screen door (Thanks Jessica for the recommendation!!), update the door hardware and add a cute door knocker.

Hopefully my bank account will recover soon so I can make some purchases!

About these ads

12 Responses to “Our Pretty Blue Door”

1. Jessica April 27, 2011 at 9:20 AM #

Couldn’t be more perfect! The color is spot on. After showing my husband your examples, I convinced him to do yellow. (It’s now a failed attempt at a British Red that I painted myself 7 mos prego with twins). Can’t wait to see what you do next!

2. Candice April 27, 2011 at 9:36 AM #

OMG I never particularly noticed your door before… but now that you compare the two with the new color.. holy lord it look SO much better!! I love it!

3. Kristy Swain April 27, 2011 at 10:28 AM #

Looks great! HOA rules won’t let me change the color of my door on the exterior side… but… hmm… maybe I should consider painting the interior side. Hadn’t thought of just doing that.

4. Marissa April 27, 2011 at 10:37 AM #

Paint is magical. ‘Nough said :) It looks fantastic & totally completes the entrance/porch charm.

5. Allison April 27, 2011 at 11:02 AM #

holy eff that was SO fast! I totally love it though :)

i liked it how it was until I saw this, and loved this so much more!

PS: we are going to paint our house. OMG

6. kellyt April 27, 2011 at 1:46 PM #

Love it. Especially love the interior side.

7. Donna Stewart April 27, 2011 at 8:55 PM #

Love it!! Can’t wait to see it!

8. pennysylvia January 13, 2013 at 10:22 AM #

What color are your interior walls? I love the combination of the blue with the wall color.

9. Margot February 16, 2013 at 6:50 PM #

What is the color of the wall color? I would love to know!!

10. Lesley March 2, 2013 at 5:55 AM #

You said you painted the interior of the door blue, what color is it?

11. Renee Carpenter July 6, 2014 at 2:54 PM #

where did you find the pillow??? love it all!!